Community Planning and Development
The Community Planning Development Department provides professional planning services that fosters the efficient utilization of Seneca resources; promotes self-empowerment; and supports the development of a sustainable, diversified, and vibrant economy for the benefit of the entire Seneca Nation.
CPDD Core Goals
- Develop, manage and implement projects that positively shape the Seneca Nation by addressing its needs in a proactive and inclusive manner.
- Pursue economic development projects and activities that support a diverse Seneca economy and increased employment opportunities.
- Provide a safe and functional transportation network by applying effective planning, construction, maintenance, and management systems and practices.
- Collect, evaluate, and disseminate demographic information on social and economic characteristics for use at all levels of government.
- Prepare accurate maps and related geographic information to facilitate decision- making and planning by all Seneca Nation departments.
- Identify, research, and circulate information on potential funding opportunities and assist with the development of grant applications and proposals.
- Support Farmers, Variety of vendors, including Barbecue style foods, chicken and kebabs, noodles and terayki, healthy wraps
- "The Sauce Boss" & "Sun Dance Kids Farm" Petting Zoo
- "Fossils and Ancient History of Lake Erie"
- Thomas Schmid ~Ancient Art~
- Kids will dig for fossils
- "Nutrition workshop & Food Demo! Join JSY Nutritionist Ashley, for a live food demo using in-season produce @ 11:30 and 12:30.
- Support Farmers, a variety of vendors including Barbecue style foods, chicken and kebabs, noodles and terayki, and healthy wraps.
- Grilled Corn and Dance Show 12pm
- "Sun Dance Kids" Farm Petting Zoo 11-2pm
- "For Peate's Sake Homestead" and "Shish Kabob Heaven" come together and present a PIG ROAST - Come and enjoy a pig roast at the market!
- Come and See what's cooking! Learn tips on how to select, purchase and cook your farmer's market produce! Take home recipe ideas and a free gift for the first 30 people! @ 11:30 and 12:30pm
- Scavenger Hunt and school giveaways. 11-3pm
- "Get to Know your Farmers"