Community Planning and Development
The Community Planning Development Department provides professional planning services that fosters the efficient utilization of Seneca resources; promotes self-empowerment; and supports the development of a sustainable, diversified, and vibrant economy for the benefit of the entire Seneca Nation.
CPDD Core Goals
- Develop, manage and implement projects that positively shape the Seneca Nation by addressing its needs in a proactive and inclusive manner.
- Pursue economic development projects and activities that support a diverse Seneca economy and increased employment opportunities.
- Provide a safe and functional transportation network by applying effective planning, construction, maintenance, and management systems and practices.
- Collect, evaluate, and disseminate demographic information on social and economic characteristics for use at all levels of government.
- Prepare accurate maps and related geographic information to facilitate decision- making and planning by all Seneca Nation departments.
- Identify, research, and circulate information on potential funding opportunities and assist with the development of grant applications and proposals.