President Pagels speaks on a decrease in identified positive cases, ongoing Bluestone testing in March including a pop up test in Allegany this Saturday, an update on Cattaraugus broadband, and registration for a virtual informational meeting about the US Court of Appeals decision on the gaming compact arbitration.
BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKBW) — KeyBank is expected to close eight locations within Western New York, but will be consolidating some branches within close proximity to another.
The branches set to close include:
- Sheridan-Harlem Branch located at 4020 Sheridan Drive in Amherst will consolidate into the Northtown Branch located at 3171 Sheridan Drive in Amherst, 1.8 miles away.
- Appletree Mall Branch located at 2929 Union Road in Cheektowaga will consolidate into the Walden Avenue Branch located at 1675 Walden Avenue in Cheektowaga, 2.3 miles away.
- North Buffalo Branch located at 2141 Elmwood Avenue in Buffalo will consolidate into the Kenmore Branch located at 2858 Delaware Avenue in Kenmore, 0.9 miles away.
- South Campus Branch located at 3586 Main Street in Amherst will consolidate into the Bailey-Amherst Branch located at 3134 Bailey Avenue in Buffalo, 1.4 miles away.
- Elmwood-Utica Branch located at 529 Elmwood Avenue in Buffalo will consolidate into the Stuyvesant Plaza Branch located at 274 Elmwood Avenue in Buffalo, .06 miles away.
- Foote Avenue Branch located at 730 Foote Avenue in Jamestown will consolidate into the Jamestown Branch located at 417 Spring Street in Jamestown, 1.6 miles away.
- Derby Branch located at 6932 Erie Road in Derby will consolidate into Evans-Angola Branch located at 9094 Erie Road in Evans, 5.4 miles away.
- East Clinton Branch located at 1989 Clinton Street in Buffalo will consolidate into the South Buffalo Branch located at 2157 Seneca Street in Buffalo, 1.7 miles away.
- All of the consolidating branches are in close proximity to other KeyBank Branches. For example:
Our consolidating North Buffalo Branch has four full-service KeyBank Branches within 2.5 miles.
Our consolidating Sheridan-Harlem Branch has three full-service KeyBank Branches within 2.5 miles.
Our consolidating Elmwood Utica Branch has four full-service KeyBank Branches within two miles."
- The closures will occur on May 21, 2021.
President Pagels gives an update on vaccination efforts, testing, trash collection, and virtual special Council, while noting that the United States Court of Appeals has issued its ruling regarding the long-standing Compact disagreement with New York State.
President Pagels provides important updates about COVID testing events, as well as vaccine distribution and banking issues due to the Texas storm. He announces the upcoming AOA Blizzard Box distribution for Elders, virtual Special Council registration instructions, and the deadline for board, committee, and commission membership applications. He closes with an acknowledgement of the valuable educational work Bill Crouse has been doing recently with the Salamanca City School District.
President Pagels offers thanks to all the frontline workers and first responders, cites a decrease in positive cases, and announces a vaccination clinic being offered by Cattaraugus County taking place this week at the Seneca Allegany Resort and Casino. He also notes that the Seneca Nation Housing Authority has received a grant for rental assistance for tenants, the Irving Bingo Hall has reopened, and SGC will be hosting a job fair next week. *Be advised the location for COVID testing in Allegany has been changed from the DPW building to the Fire Hall.
President Pagels gives updates on the latest COVID-19 statistics, testing, and access to vaccination. He also shares information about how to register for upcoming virtual Council sessions and the automated urgent messaging system, as well as applying for open positions on various Nation boards, committees, and commissions. He closes with noting that Councilor Tina Abrams has been invited to give the invocation for National Congress of American Indians (NCAI) State of Indian Nations address.
President Pagels offers condolences on the passing of 4 community members, while also providing information on an increase in positive cases, two additional pop-up testing events, and vaccination efforts. He concludes with an update about trash collection on territory and the upcoming virtual regular Council session for February.
President Pagels speaks on the latest testing statistics, including a distribution break down, as well as offering a vaccination distribution and ongoing community testing events update.