The purpose and overall function of the Fiscal Department is to
provide financial reporting and technical assistance to all
departments with relation to their awarded budget and programs, and
to produce accounts payable and payroll checks on a weekly
The mission of the Fiscal Affairs Department is to provide
accurate, timely and comprehensive financial and informational
services. These services include, but are not limited to,
accounting, accounts payable, budget management, grants and
contracts management, information technology services, fixed asset
inventory control, payroll services and procurement. The
information provided by these services enables the Tribal Council,
Budget and Finance, and departmental management to make sound
financial and administrative decisions for each area the Nation
The Fiscal Department interacts with every Nation
department/program and Nation entity in some way as we process all
cash receipts, manual checks, payroll checks and accounts payable
on a weekly basis. The main contacts for the Fiscal staff are the
bookkeepers and the finance personnel within the individual
departments those responsible for the timecards and purchase
requisitions, budget and the like.
The members of the Seneca Nation receive direct benefits
totaling millions of dollars from the Nation. While some services
are restricted to areas within the external boundaries of the
Seneca Nation territories, others are for every Seneca, regardless
of their current location. The direct benefits include, but are not
limited to, quarterly annuity, monthly elder benefits, health care
incentive plan funding, garbage removal services, burial funds,
minors trust funds, housing, education, healthcare, water, fire
protection, utility, infrastructure, etc. Plans are underway for a
new disability payment for eligible Senecas.
The Seneca Nation is audited on an annual basis by an external
audit firm. This audit is required by Federal Law due to the volume
and large dollars received in Federal funding. This audit also
ensures that all funding is properly accounted for, all pertinent
rules and regulations are followed and that the Nation's finances
are being well cared for.
The six offices that make up the Fiscal Affairs Department
Accounting Office maintains monthly financial
statements, budget reports, budget modifications/appropriations,
posting and reconciliation for the 100+ cost centers, cash
receipts, insurance claims, direct deposit, journal entry posting,
banking transfers, Minor Trust Fund accounting, cell phones and
travel arrangements. The Comptroller is a member of the Nation's
Investment Management Board and the USET Tribal Administration
Payable Office processes all invoices/payables for all
Nation departments with the exception of Seneca Gaming &
Entertainment and the Retail Division. There is an average of 300
checks cut each week.
Office assists departments in obtaining bids on
goods/services as well as preparing of purchase orders, ensuring
policies and procedures have been followed. This office is also
responsible for the inventory of capital assets of the Nation.
Office is responsible for the financial reporting for
over 75 grants and contracts with the various awarding agencies
Federal, State and Foundations. This office monitors budgets and
compliance of the grant/contract awards.
processes the timecards, new hires, terminations, unemployment
claims, disability claims, 401(k), medical, dental insurance
sign-ups and wage deductions for the 1440+ employees of the Seneca
Technology (IT) oversees the computer network and
infrastructure and phone communications for both territories. This
office also oversees the Nation's financial software, funding to
ensure it is fully functional at all times. This office also prints
all of the checks for Accounts Payable, Payroll, Annuity, Health
Care Incentive Plan, Elders Benefits and soon to be Disability
The Budget and
Finance Committee (B&F) works in conjunction with
the Fiscal Department. This committee is a sub-committee of and is
appointed by the Tribal Council. B&F was created to review
policy, procedure, budgets and other financial areas of the Seneca
Nation. This committee is a decision making body and will recommend
new or changes in policy/procedure, make recommendations with
regard to budgets, policies, procedures or programs, coordinate,
negotiate and develop the overall Nation annual budget for the
general governmental operations. The Comptroller, Assistant
Comptroller, Budget Data Analyst and Grants Budget officer sit in
an advisory capacity for the Budget & Finance Committee.
The goal of the Fiscal Affairs Department is to provide the
highest level of service to the Nation's employees, departments and
management, to timely process transactions in accordance with
policy and procedures, and to timely provide financial reports to
the departments and management.
KeyBank to close eight locations in Western New York, consolidate some branches (wkbw.com)
BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKBW) — KeyBank is expected to close eight locations within Western New York, but will be consolidating some branches within close proximity to another.
The branches set to close include:
- Sheridan-Harlem Branch located at 4020 Sheridan Drive in Amherst will consolidate into the Northtown Branch located at 3171 Sheridan Drive in Amherst, 1.8 miles away.
- Appletree Mall Branch located at 2929 Union Road in Cheektowaga will consolidate into the Walden Avenue Branch located at 1675 Walden Avenue in Cheektowaga, 2.3 miles away.
- North Buffalo Branch located at 2141 Elmwood Avenue in Buffalo will consolidate into the Kenmore Branch located at 2858 Delaware Avenue in Kenmore, 0.9 miles away.
- South Campus Branch located at 3586 Main Street in Amherst will consolidate into the Bailey-Amherst Branch located at 3134 Bailey Avenue in Buffalo, 1.4 miles away.
- Elmwood-Utica Branch located at 529 Elmwood Avenue in Buffalo will consolidate into the Stuyvesant Plaza Branch located at 274 Elmwood Avenue in Buffalo, .06 miles away.
- Foote Avenue Branch located at 730 Foote Avenue in Jamestown will consolidate into the Jamestown Branch located at 417 Spring Street in Jamestown, 1.6 miles away.
- Derby Branch located at 6932 Erie Road in Derby will consolidate into Evans-Angola Branch located at 9094 Erie Road in Evans, 5.4 miles away.
- East Clinton Branch located at 1989 Clinton Street in Buffalo will consolidate into the South Buffalo Branch located at 2157 Seneca Street in Buffalo, 1.7 miles away.
- All of the consolidating branches are in close proximity to other KeyBank Branches. For example:
Our consolidating North Buffalo Branch has four full-service KeyBank Branches within 2.5 miles.
Our consolidating Sheridan-Harlem Branch has three full-service KeyBank Branches within 2.5 miles.
Our consolidating Elmwood Utica Branch has four full-service KeyBank Branches within two miles."
- The closures will occur on May 21, 2021.