The Seneca Nation of Indian's Department of Education philosophy is that education is a life-long, empowering learning process which begins with the individual, and is multi-cultural, multi-generational, and respectful of physical, emotional, spiritual and intellectual wellness. The department recognizes that each individual is at a different place in life's journey and we will work with them to move them forward toward their goals.
The Seneca Nation Education Department on both Allegany and Cattaraugus Territories provides services which support the learning process as a means of obtaining individual and collective satisfaction, with respect for self and others, and a pride in Seneca and Native heritage.
The Department of Education will promote individual wellness of all Native people it serves in a holistic manner through:
- A cultural awareness/foundation, respecting traditions and history, to empower the individual in his/her lifelong pursuits.
- By providing learning opportunities to help challenge each individual to achieve their life's goals and ambitions, acknowledging that education is a life-long process.
- Through the coordination with all Seneca Nation services and outside agencies, organizations and educational institutions to promote confidence, well-being, knowledge, skills, support and empathy.
- By providing education for the outside community to encourage a greater understanding of the Seneca culture.
The following applications and entry forms for the 2016 Fall Festival are now available on the Education Department Documents Page under Fall Festival Applications:
- Art Show Entry Form
- Agricultural Entry Form
- Smoke Dance Contest Entry Form
- Craft And/Or Food Vendor Application
- Baby & Wee People Contest
- Homemaking Application
- Parade Registration
- Floral Exhibit Application
Please see attached to read the June 2016 issue.