The Clerk's Office serves all members of the Seneca Nation. The Clerk has two offices, one on the Allegany Territory and one on the Cattaraugus Territory. Both offices maintain identical records.
The utmost function is the recording, preparation, certification and storage of the official records of the Seneca Nation. The Clerk's Office has an integral affiliation with the Tribal Council, Executives, Judicial Departments, Fiscal and other program departments. A large portion of time is devoted to assisting the general public and/or referral to other departments if necessary.
Services provided include, the responsibility for all aspects of Tribal Council " Regular and Special Sessions, i.e. agendas, transcribing and certifying minutes, provides certified motions to appropriate departments or agencies, provides invocator and arranges food for each session, researches past Council minutes and motions and as directed, does research of Deeds and title for Judicial Departments, deeds " records and prepares, genealogical searches, maintains, updates and certifies Native Enrollment records, prepares official additions and deletions to Nation Council for approval, prepares and distributes annuity and Elder payments, provides population statistics, gender and age by Territory, responsible for annuity cloth distribution and photo I.D. cards.
In addition, the Clerk's Office is responsible for processing materials for Supreme Court issues, NYS Sportsman licenses to enrolled members residing on the territory. The office also sells SNI fishing licenses to non-members and issues books to various vendors, receives SNI natural gas payments and forwards to the Fiscal Office, receives business license applications and annuals fees and forwards to Fiscal Office, and is responsible for processing petty cash for Cattaraugus Territory employees.
The Seneca Nation will be utilizing the virtual online platform GoToMeeting for safe access for the Canvas Day event to be held on Tuesday, November 10, 2020 at 10 a.m. This event will include the certification of election results and swearing in of newly elected officials of the Seneca Nation.
• To participate, interested persons will need access to a computer, tablet, or smartphone, as well as a valid email address, to sign up.
• Enrolled members must send an email to request access to: SNGotomeet@sni.org
• An email will be sent to you for registration purposes.
• Please follow the instructions and fill in all requested information when registering online.
• The registration link will also include a system requirement check to ensure that your device is compatible with GoToMeeting.
• Once registered, another email will be sent with a link to the online Council session, which will go live at the scheduled time.
• A download may be required to install the GoToWebinar app for a more interactive experience.
Please check your system compatibility ahead of time and follow the directions in the Help/Support section of GoToMeeting’s website for any technical issues with the platform. Contact your internet service provider for any connectivity issues you might experience.
If you should have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Clerk’ Office at (716)-532-4900.