Training & Employment Resource Center
The Training & Employment Resource Center is assisting Seneca youth and adults to succeed in the workforce, encourage self-sufficiency, learn about the work world, and facilitate the creation of job opportunities and any services related to these activities.
The Training & Employment Resource Center provides a broad range of services to the Seneca community incorporated into four programs within the department:
- 477 program
- Vocational Rehabilitation program
- HSED Program
- Construction Training Program (located at Seneca Training Center)
The department will provide job related services including job search and placement assistance, work experience, computer bank, resume development, vocational training.
Four Programs within the Department include:
- 477 program initiative is the creation of the Indian Employment, Training and Related Services Demonstration Act, Public Law 102-477 aka 477. 477 is able to integrate several funding streams into one governmental unit to provide consolidated services to eligible members of the Seneca Nation and first descendants as related to employment and training opportunities.
- Vocational Rehabilitation program provides unique, individualized services to members of the Seneca Nation of Indians with a documented disability in preparing for and engaging in gainful employment by providing culturally appropriate vocational rehabilitation services.
- HSED program provides individualized adult education services to members of Seneca Nation that are in need of the GED to obtain employment.
- Construction Training Program (CTP) is a 15 week paid program to help with basics of the construction trade.
Any questions? Please call us at Cattauraugus: 532-1033 or at Allegany: 945-8120
Raffling platform planter's tickets are $2.00 each or $5.00 for 3 tickets for a chance to win one of the platforms our STC students made, this raffle end May 2nd at 4:00 pm. Next Raffle is for a raised Garden Bed tickets are $5.00 each and the drawing will be held May 9th at 4:00 pm. Fundraising is to help support future projects like this. To buy tickets stop in or contact Allegany TERC office at 716-945-8120 or Katrina Ray at 716-801-3034. Also tickets are at Catt. TERC building and can be reached at 716-532-1033 or Jim Ray at 716-349-0798. Thank you for your support.
Summer Youth Application are available April 22, 2019. Deadline is May 24, 2019 at 4:30 pm. No applications for the Summer Youth Program will be taken after the designated deadline. Please call 945-8120 or 532-1033 with any further questions and/or concerns.