SNVR Transitional Services
Transitional Services are specifically for high school students thru higher education, age 14 – 24, who have documented disabilities with an IEP or 504 Plan. Our goal is to make the transition from high school to work or from high school to college as seamless of a process as possible. Our mission is to assist Native American youth and young adults to succeed in the workforce, encourage self-sufficiency, and familiarize them with the world of work by facilitating creation of job opportunities and services related to these activities.
The following school district are encompassed to our transitional services:
- Buffalo School District
- Olean Central School
- Gowanda Central School
- Salamanca Central School
- Lakeshore Central School
- Silver Creek Central School
- Niagara Falls School District
Any school falling within the 20-mile radius of the territories that have students eligible for services are included. Please feel free to contact our office for more information.
What do you want to do after High School? Do you want to join the work force? Do you want to work in construction, or maybe in an office? Do you want to go into the Armed Services? Do you want to attend college? Transitional Planning can help you discover and achieve those dreams and goals.
Transitional Services Offered:
- Information and referrals
- Job related services including: Job searches, Career Readiness training, job retention services, follow- up services and follow-along services
- Services to the family necessary to assist the teen with a disability to achieve an employment outcome.
- Supported Employment Services
- Transition services to help you move from school to work or further training that leads to work.
- Vocational assessments to discover skills, abilities, and interests. Assessments for potential career goals.
- Vocational counseling and guidance