SNVR Traditional Services
This component sets Tribal Vocational Rehabilitation programs apart from State Vocational Rehabilitation programs as we can offer our consumers traditional services. Due to the differences in our teachings, the historical trauma we have endured in the past affects our everyday lives. Providing an outlet for our consumers to understand that trauma is a very healing cultural experience and understanding. The dynamics of being Native American in today’s society are recognized as having different needs from those who do not know of our culture.
Some examples that we can offer you are:
- Classroom style learning or one on one learning.
- Crafts such as; beading, moccasin making, sewing, pottery, painting, basketry
- Learning our Ceremonies
- Learning our Language
- Traditional Medicines
- Healing techniques such as; smudging, sweats, meditation
- Traditional Food Cooking classes
- Learning and Healing from Historical Trauma
Your Counselor will assist you in connecting with the traditional services available.
Other Resources we will use are:
- Guest Speakers
- Cultural Events for our consumers and the community
- Day trips to historical places
We are always open to ideas and suggestions on improving programs. If there is something that you are interested in but its not listed please feel free to talk to your counselor about it.