Applying is your 1st Step
- Visit our webpage on www.sni.org. You can download an application and send it in or email it to us. You may also leave in the confidential drop box outside our office. Please call us for any assistance.
- You may also call us and apply over the phone.
Step 2 can take up to 2-3 visits this is done via the phone or office depending on participant’s preference. We have taken the necessary safety precautions to protect staff and the community during this Covid pandemic, please be patient as this is a different process.
This is your first contact with our SNVR staff.
- You will receive a call from our staff to set up a phone conference or a face to face meeting within 5 days of receipt of your application.
- We will go over our handbook.
- Complete any paperwork regarding eligibility.
- We will discuss your disability and how it affects you.
- Please ask questions.
- Your information is always kept confidential.
- It may take up to 60 days to determine your eligibility, however if you have all your paperwork completed it could take less.
Once you receive your eligibility letter, we will begin working on gathering information on jobs and your disability. We will conduct research on potential jobs you would like to have based on your interests and skills. Together we will find the best fit for you, while keeping in my mind your limitations. We have a Career Readiness Workshop that will assist you in preparing you for your journey.
If you are unsure of what career you are looking for, we have several tools like career exploration and assessment questionnaires. These questionnaires, will help narrow down jobs that would suit your personality and interests.
We have 90 days from your eligibility date to construct a plan.
Individualized Plan for Employment Development
Step 3: The individualized plan for employment or as we call it the IPE, is your roadmap to success. You will make choices to decide what you want to do for employment and how to get there. In this step, you and your VR counselor will make a timeline of events that you will need to reach your employment goal. The VR program will provide or assist in securing services from other outside agencies. Yes, we will pay for services that you will need to complete your journey.
You are in control of how successful you want to be, by completing your plan to the best of your ability, staying dedicated and focused. This is a partnership, and your job is to maintain contact with your counselor, notify of any changes that need to be made to the plan, keep your appointments and complete your goals. Our job is to be a partner to you every step of the way.
Employment and Follow-up
This final step consists of meeting our job coach/developer, she will help begin the job search and development. We will work as a team to seek careers/jobs that match your skills, interests and abilities. We will help prepare you for successful employment.
When you are hired, SNVR will remain in contact with you for a minimum of 90 days. We will be available to you to assist you with any needs, or conflicts that may arise. We want you to become successful and to maintain your employment.