The Seneca Nation Vocational Rehabilitation Program’s eligibility requirements:
- You must be a member of a federally recognized tribe/nation
- You must reside on territory or live within 20 miles of the Cattaraugus, Allegany, Oil Spring, Buffalo Creek, or Niagara Falls territories and
- You must have a documented disability (physical or mental) which results in a substantial impediment to employment
- You must have the desire to gain employment
- Presumed eligibility- If you provide proof you receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) that is based on SSA determination of your disability, SNVR will assume you are eligible for SNVR services.
The following documentation will be necessary to complete your application process:
- Photo ID
- Medical documentation that states your disability is an impediment to obtaining gainful employment
- Proof of Residency – the documented address must match the address you provide on your application, if you use a P.O. box you must provide proof of physical address with documentation such as mail (post marked mail within the last 30 days), utility bill, a current landlord statement, current rent receipt or lease, shelter verification form, voter registration card, work permit, school documents or proof from the Nation’s Clerks office
- Nation Enrollment Card – enrollment of any federally recognized nation
Once your application has been received with the required documentation our SNVR Intake-Tech will call you to explain the program requirements and answer any questions you may have. If you wish to proceed with the program you will be given an appointment to review the SNVR Handbook. The Intake Tech will obtain signed release of information (ROI) forms to obtain your medical records. The next step in the process is to obtain an appointment with the SNVR Counselor who will determine your eligibility based on your medical information. The SNVR Counselor has 60 days in which to determine your eligibility. On occasion, your SNVR Counselor may need to request an extension of time if documentation is pending to determine your eligibility.