Employment and Training
The SNI Employment and Training Department is assisting Seneca youth and adults to succeed in the workforce, encourage self-sufficiency, learn about the work world, and facilitate the creation of job opportunities and any services related to these activities.
Employment and Training provides a broad range of services to the Seneca community incorporated into four programs within the department:
- 477 program
- Vocational Rehabilitation program
- HSED Program
- Construction Training Program (located at Seneca Training Center)
The department will provide job related services including job search and placement assistance, work experience, computer bank, resume development, vocational training.
Four Programs within the Department include:
- 477 program initiative is the creation of the Indian Employment, Training and Related Services Demonstration Act, Public Law 102-477 aka 477. 477 is able to integrate several funding streams into one governmental unit to provide consolidated services to eligible members of the Seneca Nation and first descendants as related to employment and training opportunities.
- Vocational Rehabilitation program provides unique, individualized services to members of the Seneca Nation of Indians with a documented disability in preparing for and engaging in gainful employment by providing culturally appropriate vocational rehabilitation services.
- HSED program provides individualized adult education services to members of Seneca Nation that are in need of the GED to obtain employment.
- Construction Training Program (CTP) is a 15 week paid program to help with basics of the construction trade.
Any questions? Please call us at Cattauraugus: 532-1033 or at Allegany: 945-8120