The Employment and Training Department will be holding a Basic Construction class from May 6, 2015 until June 19, 2015 at the Cattaraugus territory. Applications are available now in the Employment and Training office. For any questions please call 716-532-1033 ext 5420.
Employment and Training
The SNI Employment and Training Department is assisting Seneca youth and adults to succeed in the workforce, encourage self-sufficiency, learn about the work world, and facilitate the creation of job opportunities and any services related to these activities.
Employment and Training provides a broad range of services to the Seneca community incorporated into three programs within the department:
The department will provide job related services including job search and placement assistance, computer bank, resume development, vocational training.
Three Programs within the Department include:
- Tribal 477 program initiative is the creation of the Indian Employment, Training and Related Services Demonstration Act, Public Law 102-477 aka 477. 477 is able to integrate several funding streams into one governmental unit to provide consolidated services to eligible members of the Seneca Nation as related to employment and training opportunities.
- Tribal Vocational Rehabilitation program provides unique, individualized services to members of the Seneca Nation of Indians with a documented disability in preparing for and engaging in gainful employment by providing culturally appropriate vocational rehabilitation services.
- GED program provides individualized adult education services to members of Seneca Nation that are in need of the GED to obtain employment.
Each territory will be holding a OSHA 10 class in the upcoming weeks. The Allegany class will be held April 21st - 22nd 8am-4pm and the Cattaraugus class will be held May 7th and 8th 8am-4pm. There is no cost. Each class has room for 40 people. Participants must register before hand; walk-ins are not permitted. See attached flyer for complete information.
For those interested in getting their OSHA 10 certificate contact the Employee & Training department by phone at 716-532-1033 or 945-8120.
Cattaraugus-Allegany BOCES will have a number of career and technical classes starting soon including: HVAC, Heavy Equipment, Machining, Residential Wiring, Welding, and Masonry. Those who are interested please see the attached document for dates and more information.
Financial aide is available for eligible participants of SNI Employment & Training. Contact Bianca Wright @ 716-945-8120.
Employment & Training are pleased to announce the following classes are now forming:
- Forklift Training
- Certified Nursing Assistant/Home Health Aide
- Truck Driver, School Bus Driver
- Basic Computer
- Clerical Class
- Osha 10
- Plumbing, Electrical
- Heavy Equipment
- Asbestos, Lead Abatement, Hazwoper
- Housing and Commercial Inspectors
The following classes are attended with high school students, requires a background check, and agreement to attend with the high school students:
- Heating/Air Conditioning/Refrigeration
- Construction Technology
- Culinary Arts/Hospitality
For contact or more information please see the attached flyer.
Expect. Employ. Empower.
This job fair is the ONLY event of its kind in the Southern Tier! It will be attended by local employers such as Laborer's Local #621, Lowe's, Pioneer Credit Recovery, Security Weapons and Training, Barber Trucking and many more! There will be on-the-spot interviews so bring resumes and dress to impress! We will be celebrating Disability Employment Awareness; everyone is employable.
Don't miss this important opportunity! All are encouraged to attend.
October 23, 2014
2pm to 6pm
Cattaraugus Community Center, 12767 Route 438, Irving NY 14081
For more information call: (716) 532-1033
This course introduces students to the necessary tools to pursue an entry level career in Construction Supervision/Management. Topics include but are not limited to safety, contracts, estimating, blueprint reading, planning, scheduling, human relations, quality control, cost awareness, documents, negotiations, and problem-solving.
Accepting 20 students per site. Enrollment deadline is June 27th.
Irving class dates: Tuesdays, 8am to 4:30pm July 7 - August 4
Allegany class date: Fridays, 8am to 4:30pm, July 11 - August 8
Cost: FREE to eligible participants of Tribal 477
Applications available at Employment & Training Offices or in Documents on SNI.org
Irving: 88 Iroquois Drive (716) 532-1033
Allegany: 3674 Administration Drive (716) 945-8120